The BSN trusts that members will adhere to a Code of Conduct and Standards which have been summarised below.
In essence, these standards are:
- Demonstrate integrity, bringing credit to the legal profession
- Be fair and equitable towards other professionals and professions
- Be honest in dealing with customers, clients, employers and employees
- Avoid the dissemination of false or misleading information
- Demonstrate current knowledge of the latest developments and show competence in their application
- Avoid conflicts of interest and commit to maintaining impartiality
- Treat sensitive information with complete confidence
- Negotiate business in a professional and ethical manner
- Demonstrate knowledge and observation of the requirements of other codes of practice
- Demonstrate due diligence in using third party endorsement which must have prior approval
- Comply with the governing laws of the relevant country concerned
For further information or assistance, contact Membership Services by email at: email@example.com.